As the leaving date of the caravan gets closer, our party decides that they cannot stand by and let their fellow ToPeers head into what is most likely DEATH AND DOOM at the hands (claws?) of whatever is responsible for the barbs. Sir Erik is by the stables, speaking to two Barro warriors in blue robes who leave on horseback shortly after Dawn arrives. She convinces him that it is better to send a small party to deal with the creature, and a caravan only after the danger is gone.
Finding peeps to go on the mission:
- Vladek goes to the kitchen to bake his “Cinnamon Special Pie”, Dawn is pretty interested.
- Vladek and Dawn bait the Buttplugs (?) into joining the mission, by essentially telling them that it’s too dangerous for the likes of them. It works, well, for one of them: Gorb, the Gord.
- Freyja just tells Frum that the excursion is happening and he happily accepts to join.
Far over the misty mountains cold,
to dungeons deep and caverns old,
we must away ere break of day,
to seek the pale enchanted gold.
They reach the cave and the bodies that had been rearranged before were once again spread randomly.
Vladek and Dawn had a pretty elaborate plan involving gunpowder, torches and sawdust that they brought from the Tower of Peace, stealth and general carefulness were also part of the plan…. but they manage to completely botch the explanation to Torren, so most people just got blinded and hurt pretty bad right away. So then they headed back into the cave, the normal way, and killed the monster, the normal way.
Freyja enraged Gorb into going berserk and they were both hacking and slashing at the creature’s huge eggs.
Trying to collect the ichor from the creature, Dawn discovered that it corroded though everything, except the golden coated weapons and containers from the loot pile. The eggs were huge and heavy and squishy, connected to the cave and each other by some tissue but Dawn made a sled of sorts to haul it along for Zyxx.
Like the call of a mermaid, Vladek’s adventurer spirit took him into the depths of the cave beyond the eggs. According to our poet DM “it twisted, it turned, it descended” and our pirate dwarf reached the other side after going through a strange feeling of upside-down. He spent some time there and brought back a leaf, as proof of what lies on The Other Side. Once reunited, however, the leaf suddenly developed the same burning characteristic displayed by the golden coated weapons.
Back to the T.o.P, with my P.Y.Ts.
- Gorb was positively infuriated at having been the puppet of Freyja’s berserk… spell? Refused to speak to anyone on the way back and was in the foulest of butt moods.
Gorb: “I refuse to associate with your egg thing!”
Freyja: “We like eggs, ok?”
- Frum was a bit frazzled but overall chill, having gotten some loot of his own.
- The egg that Dawn was lugging around ended up dying, probably because it belonged to The Other Side and didn’t have a place in this world. She continued carrying it anyway.
Sir Erik informed the gang that his contact in Barro is named Belle Murdock.
And that the Barro warriors that passed by the Tower of Peace were disciples of Emree Artin, the half-elf who brought magic into favor and was responsible for sealing away the city of Vos.